For Orbit Corporation, corporate social responsibilities are not something we consciously do or attempt – they are a core function of our business – evident in every project we undertake, every transaction we make, every horizon we seek.
Our corporate social responsibility revolves around the following endeavours:
ORBIT SOCIO FOUNDATION
Orbit Socio Foundation is a charitable organisation promoted by Orbit Corporation Limited, which donates 1% of profits to the initiative. Major areas of focus include Civic Grooming and Environment Management, Education for the underprivileged and Healthcare.
- Cancer Detection Camp for underprivileged women
- Sponsorships for education to street children and to orphan girls
A unique corporate social initiative, Eco-Conscious Perspective, promotes eco-friendly operational practices such as:
- Sewage treatment & waste management
- Conservation of water & energy
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions
- Adoption of voluntary charters and internationally approved codes of conduct for sustainable development that help reverse or delay the effects of climate change on human life
- An upcoming project – JSW House – is designed and built to acquire Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Green Building Rating System, a widely accepted system to encourage and accelerate sustainable green building and development practices by creating and implementing universally understood and accepted tools and performance criteria. LEED-certified buildings lower operating costs and increase asset value, reduce waste sent to landfills, conserve energy and water, and reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
LABOUR MANAGEMENT & HOSPITALITY
Our commitment towards our workforce encompasses their safety, health and wellbeing, through measures like:
- Labour camps with adequate drinking water, food, electricity & restrooms
- Free lunch for all site staff
- Regular health check-ups & trainings on first aid & fire-fighting
- Personal protective equipment for human safety
- Periodic testing of critical equipment like tower cranes, passenger & material hoist
PRESERVING THE SOCIAL FABRIC
Mr Pujit Aggarwal, our CEO and MD, is on the board of directors of Property Redevelopment Association (PRA), a registered non-profit organization that educates tenants on the complicated procedures of redevelopment. As the Spokesperson and largest shareholder of PRA, Pujit's work with PRA extends a helping hand during misfortunes threatening homes in Mumbai. PRA, who worked tirelessly after the July 2005 deluge in Mumbai:
- Repaired over 900 schools
- Set up medical camps to treat over 10,500 patients and provide them with free medicines in places as far as Chiplun, Sindhudurg and Ratnagiri
- Distributed over 8,000 food packets and volunteered for removing debris, silt and garbage across the city